Vacancy: Finance Officer, Voice Tanzania
Region: East Africa Office: Tanzania Hours: 40 Apply before: May 17, 2019
Hivos is an international organisation that seeks new solutions to persistent global issues. With smart projects in the right places, we oppose discrimination, inequality, abuse of power and the unsustainable use of our planet’s resources. Counterbalance alone, however, is not enough. Our primary focus is achieving structural change. This is why we cooperate with innovative businesses, citizens and their organisations. We share a dream with them of sustainable economies and inclusive societies.
Voice: Nothing About Us, Without Us, is a new fund created by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign affairs. It is managed jointly by Hivos and Oxfam Novib. The fund is part of the Dialogue and Dissent agenda of the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Its main goal is to strengthen the capacity for lobby and advocacy of civil society organisations and representatives of the most marginalised and discriminated people, in order to empower these groups and have their voices heard and respected. Voice has two main components; a grant making facility that gives support to groups and organisations and a linking and learning programme that will nurture learning and innovation across countries and groups. It will support the use of innovative ideas to reach these groups for lobby and advocacy.
Hivos East Africa will support the implementation of Voice in Kenya and Tanzania. This position is expected to support the Finance department from Tanzania.
Grants Management and Reporting
- Review the Voice programme grantees’ contracts to ensure that the contracts meet requirements and the reporting standards of the donor through each stage in the life cycle of a grant/contract, from proposal to close out;
- Assess partner programme budgets and ensure that they capture the true cost of proposed activities;
- Monitoring of Voice programme grantees spending based on signed off partners’ budget lines and the expected deliverables;
- Track deliverables to ensure that they are submitted within the period of performance;
- Prepare, coordinate and perform grantees expenditure verification to assure the accuracy of grantees’ financial reports;
- Coordinate and arrange the Voice programme grantees audits;
- Train Voice program grantees in the area of grants management both with respect to Hivos grants management process as well as the Voice donor specific funding requirements;
- Assist in implementing, managing and improving the processes used to administer Voice programme proposals, grants, and contracts, including financial compliance, reporting, and communications with the appropriate colleagues within the Voice programme;
- Keep the appropriate staff updated on upcoming financial and programmatic reporting deadlines of the Voice programme, e.g. financial and narrative reports;
- Provide support during the Voice programme annual external audits.
- Level of professional and analytical ability: A holder of CPA (T) or ACCA and a Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting/Finance option) or other relevant degree;
- Affinity with Finances and Administration;
- Practical knowledge of spreadsheets and working knowledge of an ERP environment;
- General Knowledge of ICT, MS Office;
- Minimum of 5 years relevant grants management and financial accounting experience, preferable in an international or donor organisation;
- Ability to work in a financially complex international organisation;
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively; good command of oral and written English;
- Strong organisational skills;
- Professional discretion.
What we offer
We offer a competitive package based on the candidate’s qualifications.
Women and individuals from minority groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Submit your application through SkillsMap