Vacancy: Regional Program Support Officer for VOICE
Hivos is an international organisation that seeks new solutions to persistent global issues. With smart projects in the right places, we oppose discrimination, inequality, abuse of power and the unsustainable use of our planet’s resources. Our primary focus is achieving structural change. This is why we cooperate with innovative businesses, citizens and their organisations. We share a dream with them of sustainable economies and inclusive societies. Hivos seeks qualified candidates for the position of:
Title: Regional Programme Support Officer for VOICE
Duty Station: Manila, Philippines
Report to: Country Programme Officer in Coordination with Roving Regional Grants Officer
Duration: 1 year
The Regional Programme Support Officer is a shared position between all Voice country teams in Southeast Asia (Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, and the Philippines) and falls under the supervision of and reports to the Country Program Officer where they are based in coordination with the Roving Regional Grants Officer – Asia and the Global Support Officer.
The Regional Programme Support Officer is responsible in assisting and supporting the country teams with the administration, contracting, planning, logistics, and event-related activities of the Voice program in the region The Regional Programme Support Officer works in close liaison with the Programme Officers for Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, and the Philippines.
Roles and responsibilities
- Support the development and implementation of grantmaking priorities that support the empowerment and influencing strategies of all 5 Voice rightsholder groups (LGBTI, Persons living with disabilities, the youth and elderly, Indigenous Groups and Ethnic Minorities, and Women facing exploitation, abuse and/or violence);
- Prepare submitted proposals and applications for evaluations;
- When requested, take part in reviewing and scoring of proposals with other members of the Voice teams;
- Update and maintain information on the online application system (i.e. Smartsheets) at each stage of the proposal assessment process;
- Upload, update and maintain grantee information in SAP/ADOBE related to the grant management process, including creating new counterparts, inputting of new projects, and indicating when reports are received/assessed;
- Maintain and update files and records for each grantee in Box according to Voice requirements;
- Support the planning, procure supplies, and organise logistics of monitoring visits, outreach activities, outcome harvesting workshops, kick-off meetings, linking and learning activities, and other events;
- Arrange the administrative handling of consultant contracts and monitor the terms and approval of payments;
- Support the Voice teams in responding to questions from internal and external stakeholders, its project and staff, and be able to redirect them to the appropriate persons;
- Participate in the Voice e-Meets and learning events
- Occasionally take part in monitoring visits to grantees;
- Perform other duties as required;
Knowledge, experiences, and competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent of 2 years of work experience in similar administrative positions;
- Previous experience in grant management and contracting preferred;
- Experience in project administration, project documentation, and overall archiving systems, both paper and electronic;
- Experience working for international organisations, projects, or other settings is an asset;
- Comfortable communicating and working remotely with diverse teams preferred;
- Excellent command of spoken and written English is required, fluency in other languages (Bahasa Indonesia, Filipino, Khmer, Lao) is a strong asset;
- Ability to manage competing priorities and manage stress effectively in a dynamic work environment;
- Result & customer-oriented approach to problem-solving with a high degree of accuracy;
- Relevant working experience with civil society organisations and community-based organisations;
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position please submit your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com no later than 11 December 2019.
Please specify the position name you are applying for (‘VOICE Regional Programme Support Officer.’) in the ‘subject’ line of your email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.